The below post is by the lovely Alice who tried the Teatox on behalf of me. Enjoy!
I first heard about Teatoxes about a year ago when the BooTea craze began and the constant celebrity promotion via Twitter (since I’m a huge social media obsessive). I read up about TeaTox’s and decided that it was definitely something I’d like to try since I do attempt a relatively healthy lifestyle and partake in regular exercise.
Teatox Definition – “A new term used to describe a ‘detox tea’ system to help individuals lose weight. Most teatox systems come with both a morning tea which increases energy levels and metabolism, and an evening tea which is a colon cleanse.”
I tried BooTea and had to stop within just a few days because of the drastic side effects of the night time tea… “Evening tea which is a colon cleanse” I’ll let your imagination take over right about now. It didn’t have great effects for me but did have a positive impact on my Mothers weight loss who suffers from bloating and a sluggish metabolism. As you can imagine I was a bit sceptical trying the 14 Day Slimming Solutions TeaTox but I thought no two products are the same and to give it a shot.
So let’s start with the Day Time Blend:
- This to be drank in the morning, as soon as you can after waking up.
- Add hot water and leave to diffuse for 2-3 minutes.
- Ingredients include Chinese Oolong tea (38%), Siberian Ginseng (20%), Fennel (10%), Lemongrass (10%), Nettle leaves (8%), Ginger root (5%), Dandelion leaf (5%), Ginseng root (2%), Salvia miltiorrhiza (2%). Naturally sugar free with no artificial additives.
- Initial taste was quite sweet; I am an avid green tea drinker so this was a breeze for me! Although herbal teas aren’t for everyone it is recommend that you can add lemon or honey to improve the taste. I also must add that the blend tasted so much better than BooTea’s morning blend.
The Evening Blend:
- This should be drank every other night, 30 minutes after your last meal.
- Again add hot water and leave to diffuse for 2-3 minutes.
- Ingredients include Senna leaves (20%), Hawthorn leaves (20%), Lotus leaves (14%), Fenugreek seeds (12%), Burdock root (14%), Peppermint (8%), Psyllium seeds (8%), Valerian root (2%), Liquorice root (2%). Naturally sugar free with no artificial additives.
- Initial taste was again sweet however distinctive, also recommend to add flavour is the lemon or honey.
The TeaTox claims to have a cleansing effect, help with constipation and bloating, remove the build-up of toxins from the body and increase energy levels. All of the above effects actually worked for me, obviously I don’t know whether it has removed the build-up of toxins from my body but I certainly feel a hell of a lot brighter, my skin has cleared up and hasn’t been as oily as usual, I feel better within myself as my bloating has completely gone meaning I’ve also lost a few pounds. I didn’t experience the laxative effect highlighted that may happen on the back of the packet which was great too.
In conclusion, I would definitely complete the course of Teatox again due to the amazing results but I have to highlight that during the two weeks I have followed a healthy lifestyle and taken part in exercise 3 times a week.
Slimming Solutions also include a link to their own exercise and life style plan on the back of the packaging which is great for first timers!
Have you tried a Teatox?